This is one of our top 5 favorite soup recipes and I think it is perfect to share on a cold, snow day. We’ve been making this soup for almost 30 years now. It’s the ultimate comfort food, so don’t start counting the calories! We hope you enjoy it.
Creamy, Cheese Potato Soup
- stock pot
- 3 cups diced, peeled potatoes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion If I am in a hurry, I used a couple of tablespoons of dried minced onion.
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- dash pepper (or to taste)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tsp Optional: Tony's Seasoning (or to taste) This is optional, but we like to add a little spice to our soup.
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ cup Whipping cream or Half-n-Half This can be substituted with milk for a reduced fat version.
- ½-¾ lb Velveeta, cubed You can add more cheese if you prefer it cheesier!
- bacon( optional)
- chives (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Add to 2 cups of boiling water: potatoes, celery, onion, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, chicken bouillon cube, and Tony's(optional). Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine 2 TBSP flour and 2 TBSP milk. Whisk together until smooth. Add to the pot with vegetables and mix together. The mixture should begin to thicken.
- Add remaining milk and cream and cook until thick. Make sure to stir so that it does not stick to the bottom of your pot.
- Add Velveeta. Stir until melted through. Allow soup to simmer, but do not let it stick!
- Top with crispy bacon bits, chives, and grated cheese.
You might also like:
We hope you enjoy these recipes! Let us know if you try them and what you think. Be sure to pin them to your Pinterest board! We love that you are a part of making your home a Harvesting Home!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.