We love cajun food! Because we live in area where it is difficult to find fresh, cajun food, we have learned to make it ourselves. This is one of our favorites!
Creamy Shrimp Étouffée
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 3-4 Celery Stalks
- 1 1/2 TBSP Tony's Creole Seasoning
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 TBSP Oil
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 large bag Frozen, cooked shrimp without tails; or fresh shrimp without tails
- 1 can Cream of Chicken or Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 3 Cups Steamed Rice
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion
- Dice green peppers, celery, and onion.
- Sauté vegetables in oil until tender. Season with Tony's.
- Slowly add 1/3 Cup of flour until vegetable mixture thickens.
- In a separate stock pot combine soup, whipping cream, and butter. Heat until bubbly.
- Add vegetable mixture to the soup mixture.
- Add 3 Cups of milk and allow to simmer. Stir frequently!
- Add shrimp to boiling soup mixture. For uncooked shrimp, cook for 30 minutes. Fozen cooked shrimp 15-20 minutes. Shrimp should be pink when done.
- Add sour cream and stir until combined.
- Add salt, pepper, and more Tony's to your taste!
- Serve over steamed rice or pasta.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onion