Favorite Chocolate Pie
- ¼ + 2 tsp cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2½ cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix ingredients together in boiler with thick bottom. (cornstarch, sugar, salt, cocoa)
- In a separate boiler, heat the milk to almost a boil, but DON'T LET IT BOIL.
- Slowly stir the heated milk into the dry ingredients stirring constantly. Cook on low/medium until thick.
- Slowly add 3 slightly beaten egg yolks, 2 TBSP butter, 1 tsp vanilla into the mix stirring to combine.
- Pour into pie crust and let the pie cool.
- Top with whipping cream or meringue. For whipping cream: 6 TBSP sugar, 1 cup whole cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla. Whip until soft peaks form.
Harvesting Home features recipes weekly in our Sundays Around The Table series. Some of our featured posts include:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.