Weekly Inspirations For Your Home
Happy Easter Friends! It has been wonderfully, crazy, hilarious, painful, milestone crossing week! So here is what happened at Harvesting Home this week:
1. Did you know that where I live the wind can sometimes blow so hard that it will slam your car door right into your nose?! That was me this week calling my husband in a panic saying, ” You have to get home, I think I am bleeding and I think I broke my nose.” I was planning on doing a video that day, but NOOOOO!
2. We started back with our Sundays At The Table series by sharing one of our favorite southern side dishes that is the comfort food to the max- corn casserole. It’s basically like corn pudding and is a clean your plate kind of dish. You can get the recipe and then read about how you can “shine a light on what is really important for your family.”
3. I shared some tips about how to shop at flea markets and also about a very unique, vintage farmhouse-style item that I purchased on my trip to the Round Top, TX flea market. You can see several creative ways this fun item can be used as decor and organization.
4. This has to be one of my favorite projects I have done recently! I mean for one. Who doesn’t love banana pudding?! And then to make it into a craft project too! You have to download this delicious recipe(my husband couldn’t stop eating it!) and then also see the cute way we are serving it for Easter dessert!
5. Have you ever wondered who decides what the colors of the year will be? I mean is there a committee? If this was church, we would have a committee to decide this. Sometimes I wonder these things…. This year, I was a little hesitant about the colors. However, they have grown on me and I was able to incorporate at least one of them in my spring table decor this year with a few tips on the look.
Whew! It’s been a busy, full week! It’s been a blessed week hearing from so many of you! I love seeing your pictures and hearing all about your ideas and your trips to flea markets. Keep ’em coming!
Grab your coffee or your sweet tea and sit back and relax!
Here are some pictures that you shared with Harvesting Home this week and some wonderful ideas I am loving right now!
These DIY paper flowers are made out of coffee filters are are gorgeous! I am adding this project to my list to try.
Leslie with My 100 Year Old Home shares a creative project on how to take new garden pots and make them look vintage. This is such a budget saver!
I hope that you have a wonderful Easter weekend! Be sure to go the “He is Risen” post from this past week’s Motivation Monday. We have a free printable when you join our Harvesting Home email list! Again, blessings to you this Resurrection Sunday!