“And who knows if perhaps you were made queen for such a time as this?”
The answer to this question is a resounding “YES”! This is one of my favorite verses of scripture. A romantic story of an unlikely young woman, with the anointing of Almighty God on her life. Nothing could stop His plan of redemption. He would work through a willing heart and she said “yes.”
Throughout history, God has moved and used servant hearted souls that humbly said yes to Him to accomplish His will and His perfect purpose. It wasn’t because of their great wealth, or beauty, or status, or education, or location, or strength, or well you get the point…. It was in spite of those things that he used them! It was because they said YES!
- Rachel, a patient younger sister, said “yes” and God strengthened her through adversity and barrenness and gave her a son who would deliver Israel;
- Ruth, a widow taking care of her mother-in-law, said “yes” and God provided a husband-Kinsman Redeemer;
- Esther, a young, beautiful Jewish girl said “yes” and God made her Queen and used her to save her people;
- Hannah said “yes” and God gave her a son who would anoint King David;
- Elizabeth, an older woman and devoted wife of Zechariah, said “yes” and God used her son to prepare the way for the Messiah;
- Mary of Bethany, a simple, hard-working small town girl, said “yes” and chose what was best-a relationship with Jesus;
- Mary Magdalene, a demon-possessed woman, said “yes” and was healed by her Savior;
- The woman afflicted with a bleeding disorder, said “yes” and humbled herself, touched the hem of his garment and experienced the power of God;
- Mary, a young, poor, teenage girl, said “yes” and became the mother of the Son of God!
What are you waiting for? Your name can be added to this list. FOR SUCH A TIME IS THIS. He is at work and ready for you to join in. Don’t wait for YOUR right time. HIS time is now!
Here is a gift from me to you. I would love for you to download the FREE phone wallpaper below and use it to remind you of this truth this week! I have it on my phone. All you have to do is right click on the image and save it to your photo album on your phone. Then, follow your phone’s instructions for making it your lock screen.